Invisalign at Barnt Green Dental Centre
Using a series a clear and removable aligners Invisalign works on a two weeks cycle as one aligner is replaced by another I’m gradually moves the teeth to the desired position. The number of aligners being used Will vary from patient to patient however the average is between 18 to 30 aligners which means the treatment overall will take between nine and 15 months
What conditions can be addressed with Invisalign braces?
- Gaps between teeth can look unsightly and can also encourage teeth to move and potentially set up gum problems.
- A cross bite is what we call it where one or more of the top teeth bites down behind the lower teeth. This can League to excessive wear on the teeth as well as potentially, gum disease and bone loss.
- The deep bite can lead to irritation of the gums and also excessive wear on the teeth. They can also cause painful joint problems in the jaw.
- Crowding of the teeth. When teeth are crowded the situation can worsen and result in very uneven and crooked teeth as well as plaque buildup decay and eventual gum disease
The Invisalign treatment process
- Your treatment will begin with a dental examination and an orthodontic consultation to ensure that you are the right candidate for Invisalign treatment.
- Your dentist will listen carefully to what you want to achieve and then formulate a treatment plan according to your requirements.
- Your photographs, specifications and teeth impressions will then be sent to the laboratory.
- Your customised clear braces will be prepared using your dental impressions as a template.
- Clear braces are made with precision cutting edge technology.
- The first set of braces will be fitted at the clinic and your teeth straightening journey will begin
- You will have sets of aligners that will be changed in every two weeks until your teeth gradually shift to their desired position.
- The treatment time is usually 6 to 15 months that will vary depending on the complexity of tooth misalignment. You will be provided with an estimate for the treatment at your consultation. Along with visualisation of the expected results.
- Appointments for dental checkups will be made every 4 to 6 weeks to evaluate your progress and make any corrections needed.